The Original Downtown Santa Barbara Food Tour
About the Downtown Tour
The Original Downtown food tour is a great way to explore and get a feel for downtown Santa Barbara while eating, drinking, and learning some fun local history on foot.
Guests enjoy a variety of local food tasting (between 5-6 locations). Most tours include a local wine tasting. Tours are about 3.5 hours and begin and end in downtown Santa Barbara.
All meeting locations will be sent to you via email once you book. If you do not see your confirmation email within a few minutes, please check your Spam folder.
Tour & Booking Details
What You Need To Know
Booking The Tour
- Once you complete your booking, please check your email and spam folders for a reply with tour details and confirmation.
- If you are interested in a private, corporate, or semi custom experience, please fill out the form here.
How To Prepare
- Check your email — all meeting info will be there (unless you book on another website, we can’t guarantee what 3rd party ticketing provide you).
- You will get a text from your guide prior to your tour.
- Tours begin on time, plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Tours are on foot, dress comfortably.
- If you are an early riser, have an early morning snack.
- Feel free to bring a water bottle.
What To Expect
- Tour duration: Approximately 3.5ish hours. Length depends on group size and walking pace.
- Tour stops: Each tour visits 5-6 local tasting locations (tour amount depends on the tasting partners that day).
- Walking: This tour is on foot. Tours are suitable for most fitness levels, but there is a good amount of walking. If you have trouble walking, standing, and/or have health issues please consider requesting information about our Private Tour options so that we can accommodate you as best as possible.
- Drinks: Up to 2 alcoholic beverages are included with purchase of the Alcohol Ticket. Almost all Downtown Tours START with a local wine tasting.
- Food: Food tastings are included in the price. You do not get to choose most tastings. Tastings and locations vary depending on the day.
- Food ALLERGIES and Aversions: We do our best to accommodate food allergies and aversions. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE CROSS CONTAMINATION especially of gluten, dairy and shellfish. If you have any food allergies or aversions, please alert us ahead of time.
- Availability: Tours run almost daily, rain or shine.
- Where to meet: Once you have booked your tour, the exact meeting location will be sent via email. All meeting locations will be in downtown Santa Barbara.
Tour Dates and Times
Tours run daily. Start time is based on availability. If you do not see a tour offered on a day you want or the tour is full, please email us at email@example.com.
We do our best to accommodate food allergies and aversions, but it’s not always possible. There is no guarantee that there will not be cross-contamination with any given allergy. We must know about allergies and aversions ahead of time.
When purchasing tickets, please include information about any food allergies or aversions we should be aware of.
What to bring
Bring yourself, your walking shoes and come ready to eat, be prepared to start with wine tasting and a grazing box.
Cash incase you want to tip your amazing guide.
Feel free to bring a water bottle.
Do I have to walk the entire time?
Yes, unless you have a stroller or motorized scooter (please alert us ahead of time). If you have health issues that prevent you from walking or if you tend to walk at a slower place, we recommend contacting us about a private tour.
21+ tickets include two stops that have alcohol (usually wine) and 1 tasting location with a non-alcoholic beverage.
Non-alcoholic tickets include water at the wine tasting and 2 non-alcoholic beverages.
Due to California almost always being in a drought, water is served on request.
What tasting locations will the tour stop at?
We visit 5-6 tasting locations per tour. All of our tasting partners can be found here.
Tasting locations vary based on availability.
Can I bring my pet to the tour?
Please refrain from bringing pet guests. We love animals, but we are no longer able to guarantee outdoor seating and indoor restaurants do not allow animals. If you know you will be traveling with a furry friend, please consider a private tour option.
Below is the list of the tasting partners that we are honored to be working with.
Tours visit 5-6 tasting partners. We do not visit all tasting partners on one tour.
Tasting partners and tastings vary depending on the day and availability.
Empty Bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar at The SB Public Market
The Chase Restaurant
Renaud’s Patisserie & Bistro
Grassini Family Wines
Mangione’s Italian Ice
McConnell’s Fine Ice Cream
Taste Santa Barbara
Get ready to feast on Santa Barbara deliciousness like true locals!